- Blend of two mash bills; 3-grain mash bill of 60% corn, 20% rye, 20% malted barley and a 4-grain mash bill of 51% corn, 20% rye, 20% malted barley, 9% wheat
- Produced primarily with estate-grown non-GMO corn and rye; wheat and malted barley locally sourced
- 7-day closed-top, sweet mash fermentation in stainless steel
- Twice distilled in a Vendome brass and copper pot still
- Aged minimum 4 years in new ISC and Canton Cooperage barrels
- Finished 6 months in a combination of Huber Winery Ruby port casks and Portuguese tawny and ruby port casks
- An earthy nose of brown sugar, cherry, cinnamon, and vanilla; honey, prune, oolong tea, and cocoa powder on the palate with mint, lemon, plum, and leather riding out a faintly mineralic finish
Non-chill filtered; 53% ABV (ABV may vary batch to batch)
Skurnik’s first entry from Starlight Distillery’s Finishing Cask Portfolio sees their Carl T. Bourbon finished in an impressive lineup of port casks including French and Hungarian oak casks previously used to age Huber Winery’s Ruby and Knobstone Reserve ports as well as Portuguese tawny and ruby port casks from the famed Douro Valley.
If you want to pickup your order, it will be available the next day. Please contact us for rush orders.
All orders made during regular business hours (11am-7pm) will be next day delivery. No delivery offered on Sundays.
5 – 7 days within Alberta.
Please contact us with any questions.